- The Present Situation with regard to Marriage. What young people think of
it. The Christian ideal of marriage. How to prepare for it.
- The Ideal Husband - The Ideal Wife. The qualities to look for in your
future partner. Defects to be avoided. The correction of faults.
- Love and Happiness in Marriage. Love. Its elements. True love and sham
love. True happiness in marriage. Differences in conjugal love.
- Courtship and Engagement. The nature, purpose, qualities, place of
courtship. Subjects to be discussed and settled during courtship. Engagements.
- Masculine and Feminine Psychology. For men: how to understand women; for
women: how to understand men. The psychological problem. Man's vocation;
woman's vocation. Physical, intellectual, emotional aspects.
- Economic Preparation (Feminine). Nature and importance of economic
preparation. The budget, Buying the trousseau, list of items. The family
budget, division of responsibilities.
- The Spirituality of Marriage. The vocation. The Sacrament. The
purposes and qualities of marriage. Mistaken notions, consequences. God's call
within marriage. The sacramental grace. The role of husband; the role of wife.
The way to happiness.
- Church Laws concerning Marriage. Prenuptial enquiry. Impediments to
marriage. Publication of the banns. Conditions required for validity.
- Civil Laws concerning Marriage. Legal formalities. Impediments. Nuptial
agreement. Annulment, separation, divorce. Last will and testament.
- The Marriage Ceremony. Liturgical explanation. Events before and after the
ceremony. Showers, wedding outfit. Reception. Honeymoon.
- Masculine and Feminine Anatomy and Physiology. God's Plan. Reproductive
organs of the male, of the female. The personal and social role of purity.
- Relations between Husband and Wife, Pregnancy, Birth, Nursing. The mystery
of the transmission of life. Practical instructions for these times.
- Hygiene. General and sexual hygiene. Venereal diseases. Practice of
individual sex hygiene, for men, for women. Necessity of conjugal sex hygiene.
Hygiene of relations.
- What is allowed: What is forbidden in Marriage. The moral aspect.
Continence. Birth Control. Planned Parenthood. The Rhythm System.
- The First Months of Marriage. The first relations. Physical, intellectual,
moral adaptation. The Child. Summing up.
Rev. Fr. Kevin Robinson
Celebrant no. A4615
Society of St. Pius X
40 Ludstone Street
Ph 9598 3848
Fax 9597 0858